Recent Posts

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Makeup Favorites - Stila Foundation




So.. I'm mostly addicted to Stila products....

I can't always afford them, but when I can, I totally revel in it. Like a dog rolling around in dirt. I roll around in my Stila products.

For those of you who are not familiar, (basically if you're not a makeup person) Stila goes back to 1994, and has always had eco-friendly packaging and fabulous, fabulous colors. They also somehow manage to peg my super-pale skintone without washing me out or making me yellow.

STILA FAN TIP: Costco sells these AMAZING pallets of eyeshadow and blush around the holidays for $20 - $30. It's like getting $80 off a ton of products. They last me all year!


What I used to use :

Illuminating Liquid Foundation


I can almost give this stuff a 5/5 because it just looks that beautiful on. It gives you that "glow" that everyone seems to want, but it's definitely sheer and slightly sticky without powder (foundation or finishing) on top. My only beef with this is that if you have ANY skin problems, they will show. A good moisturizer and concealer is necessary beforehand. It completely matched my skintone though, which was brilliant, and I got a lot of compliments on my skin. If you're acne prone, stay away! I get mild breakouts and had to switch off this stuff because of it. :( 

Natural Finish Oil-Free Makeup


I could never really get the right color on my skin... I think I was between shades. For being a "natural finish" I was expecting something more matte, and even though it probably wasn't, it felt kind of oily for being oil-free. It definitely gave good coverage though, and blended well. My only other negative is that it seemed to wear off quickly throughout the day compared to others I've tried. If I'd been able to match this to my skintone, I would have given it a 3.5 or a 4. 


What I currently use: 

Stay All Day Foundation and Concealer



I love love love this stuff. I went to Macy's and had their makeup artists scope out my skin and I got the perfect shade. It was actually darker than what I would normally gravitate to, but once it's blended it's totally perfect. The concealer on the top is super for spot coverage, and I mix it with a little brightener for undereye circles. The foundation blends BEAUTIFULLY! I can almost get away with wearing no powder on top. The less powder I put on, the more of a "glow" I get. It totally "Stays All Day" which is amazing for me. I don't like reapplying unless I'm doing a makeup change for going out at night. 



So those are my foundation reviews! Mind you I only get Stila when I get treated to a makeup splurge or am super financially stable, so I plan on doing a "best budget foundations" post in the future. And I plan on doing an "under my foundation" post for my primer, moisturizer, and highlighter reviews. But I can only type so much in one day! 

Cheers, 

Mo



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions and comments are welcome!