Recent Posts

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Break for Life



I always forget how much I love taking photos. Almost as much as I love messing around with them in post-production, getting them to that point right between emotion and fact that is more real than what you see with your eyes.

I used to be very introverted. I was always in touch with myself, always knew what was going through my head. I was alone a lot. But now that I'm the other half of a duo, as I have been for six years, sometimes I'm flighty and bothered when left alone. I have very high expectations for myself, so high that I convince myself not to try, because falling short of perfection would be worse that doing nothing. But the nothing is what I've had a problem with lately.

My photographic career is something I've wanted, but never thought I was good enough to have. Whenever I take pictures I get ample praise, but somehow it isn't good enough for me. Maybe I thought I'd be somewhere breathtaking by now, maybe I thought things were going to fall in my lap. I need to dig in deep and roll up my sleeves but I'm scared. Perhaps of failing, of being judged.

So I'll start small and do one thing at a time. And breathe. And tell myself that I have time.

On my photography blog I've started posting projects, thoughts, images... my current entry is called "Textural Ancestry" and is some small thoughts on the strange art of my upbringing.

So I'm hoping that doing small things will give me the courage to do big things. Because I don't feel like I was born to sit in the shadows.

- Morgan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Opinions and comments are welcome!